Maintenance and Sustainability
While scientists the world over research technology for greener thermal solutions, how can the existing stock of technology be managed in the meantime to mitigate refrigerant loss and improve sustainability efforts?
At Your Business
One of the simplest things businesses can do as good corporate citizens is ensure they maintain their HVAC and Refrigeration equipment responsibly, with a planned preventative maintenance programme and prompt service action on failures or leaking plant.
Making sure the climate control company you use is compliant with the regulations around refrigerant reclaim and understands proper diagnosis and fault finding will ensure you are not inadvertently causing harm to the atmosphere around us.
By properly managing and servicing your assets you can additionally reduce energy consumption, improve plant performance and increase the equipment’s operating life.
At Your Home
Ensure your home heating and cooling solution operates in the most energy efficient and sustainable way:
- select the right sized model for your space
- make sure units or grilles are positioned advantageously to give the most benefit
- optimise your settings throughout the year and take advantage of timer and smart functions
- set a minimum temperature (18-20 degrees) to maintain rather than dialling up the controls
- regularly maintain the heat pump units both inside and out
What more can you do?
When you are building new or retrofitting consider green building principles with your architect/builder, and ensure that the energy consumption rate of any climate control technology you incorporate is optimized, rather than having to work hard to compensate for poor building design. Insulation, double glazing and passive design can all work to reduce the load required of your HVAC system.